Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

Lavender Dryer Bag


In an effort to minimize the use of chemicals around the house, I've decided to ditch dryer sheets all together and turn to some natural alternatives. Not only are they bad for your dryer (over time), but they are filled with heavy chemicals that coat your clothes and can absorb into your skin. Yuk.

I came across this fabulous article on tipnut about natural alternatives to laundry boosting. One option to replace dryer sheets is to add vinegar to the rinse cycle of the wash. This will reduce static and boost your laundry naturally. Another one that caught my attention is to use lavender dryer bags. I've made tons of lavender sachets in the past but never thought to throw one in the dryer. It's as simple as sewing a small pouch 3 1/2 sides around, stuffing it will dried lavender and hand stitching up the rest. It provides your clothes with a perfectly subtle scent that is clean and fresh.


2 comments:

  1. that is a wonderful idea. my sister was talking to me recently and wondered if dryer sheets had anything to do with colony collapse with people that raise bees. after thinking about it; it something that I wish was researched because it does seem to have some validity from my perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh neat! I bet it makes your clothes smell pretty. How long does one last before you have to use a fresh one?

    ReplyDelete