Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2009

A boost of life for my plants

I consider my plants handmade because I put all of the components together...by hand. I first select a pot and sometimes hand paint it, I then get the dirt, whether it be from my old bosses compost bin or the bagged stuff from the store, and finally select a clipping or baby plant and put it all together. The best part is watching them grow.

Last week I made green beans for dinner. I used a frozen bag of beans from the store and steamed/boiled them. After they were done, I pulled the steamer out and had about 4 cups of green tinted water left in the pot. I strained out the pieces of seeds and bean that had fallen through and used the liquid to water my plants. Every single plant I used that water on grew a new leaf over the week!

1 comment:

  1. hi laura! we need to do some joint crafting. I hope you are better with your blog than I've been with mine. ; )

    ReplyDelete